Ayurveda, the 5000-year-old "science of life" is the companion to Yoga in the ancient Indian arts of health and wellness. Yoga emphasizes postures, breathing and meditation, while Ayurveda teaches the best diet and lifestyle choices according to one's constitution. Together these systems provide a holistic vision for living with vitality, clarity and joy.
Yoga Spirit Academy's Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training (AYT) is a comprehensive exploration of the relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda. Students who undertake this program will
- Learn the healing aspects of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Deepen their own understanding and practice of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Uncover new ways to see themselves and others through the lens of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Learn how to assess their students' needs according to the ancient teachings of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Develop plans and programs that will meet students' needs in both group classes and private settings
- Grow in confidence, understanding and wisdom as they embark on a journey with others who share their values and vision
Prerequisite: 100 hours of documented yoga teacher training or 300 hours of documented yoga teaching.
To enroll: Submit an application form and $100 application fee. Fee is waived for current students and graduates of Yoga Spirit Academy
Seven courses: Take individual courses or complete all seven for the 300-hour certification. Download a description of the seven courses in the AYT program here
Restorative Yoga (50 hours)
Saturday and Sunday, 1:00-7:00pm
September 26-27, October 24-25, November 14-15, December 12 (make-up)
This course explores the theory and practice of Yoga that restores and renews body, mind and spirit. Topics include prop-supported restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and practice teaching. Everyone who finishes the course receives a certificate of completion for 50 hours of continuing education.
Tuition: $750 ($50 deposit to reserve a space in class)